Thursday, June 13, 2013

Home on the Range

So, what's the weather like in Milwaukee? Don't know! Here in good old Madison, SD it has been overcast and breezy with a brief shower today. THIS IS NOT A MISPRINT!! We are home!

Why you ask, after the last hospitalization I had such a rapid turnaround and improved so that on Friday, I said if I was at 18 like last summer, I wanted to go home. The team talked it over and decided they were doing nothing for me there that couldn't be done in Sioux Falls, so westward ho! The head transplant surgeon from Milwaukee in now spending 80% of his time in Sioux Falls working on betting them certified as a liver transplant center. They currently do kidney and pancreas.

After finding out all of this Monday morning at 10 AM after my echo cardiogram and bubble test, we packed frantically, and left Milwaukee at 8:50 AM yesterday. We got home last night at 7:50 PM. Four stops for rest or meals. Great trip, tolerated it well, and first one up this morning. Feeling fabulous! See Dr. E in Sioux Falls in Tuesday, then I hope we can go to monthly. Tired of getting poked once or twice a week.

THANK YOU ALL for your prayers and support. Although I am still awaiting transplant (contingency plans made), you have helped me recover and helped mom, dad and I get through this trying 5 months and 2 days. We wish you all well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment